Friday, June 25, 2010

No turning back now! :)

Well, here we are. I wanted to update one last time from home so I could get a feel for how to do this! :)

I am getting crazy nervous. Also super excited. I am so encouraged by ALL of the notes, emails, Facebook messages and posts we have been seeing. All of your prayers are what we need. Even though I am feeling so anxious I must admit that there is a beautiful underlying PEACE. It's the one that only God can provide. My heart is at ease. My mind will wonder...but over all I have perfect peace.

Please pray for all of us. We are all going to be apprehensive about leaving our loved ones. Please pray specifically for safe travels and also for a smooth transition between airports and coming into Port au Prince. Pray for our families who will be here, in the states, that they will have easy, stress free weeks. Pray for a hedge of protection around them and us.

Stephanie

3 comments:

JenLDavis said...

God will bless you and your family as your mission is to go and help those in need. Praying for you and also praying for the thousands of people struggling to just have shelter and water. keep us posted on how the people are doing.

Laudio said...

God is good! May He keep you guys safe and give you many, many opportunities to be Jesus Christ to others.

Looking forward to reading about the trip!

Natysha Neel said...

Stephanie, I got your text and we prayed for the group yesterday and today, especially for safe travel at this stage. I know God is going to bless your endeavors and watch over and take care of your families.